Monday, July 28, 2014

June 30th, 2014: Hello From London!!!!

Hello everyone!

Well another week has come and gone, time has really started to fly. 
This week has sadly been spent mostly in our flat... My companion has been sick. But on a good note it's given me a lot of time to study and clean and organize! 
We have been able to teach a bit this week, including Wendy, our progressing investigator, and I just love her to pieces. She is such an incredible woman, and even though she faces so many people who disapprove of her meeting with us, she is always defending the LDS church and us as missionaries. She has a heart of gold.

I wish I had more to share as far as events for this week go, but I have a big week ahead!
Suddenly our ward wants to feed us and we have dinner appointments planned for almost every night this week (which is unheard of here), so we will be spending a lot of time getting to know the members and gaining their trust so that we can find ways to serve them and hopefully even teach their friends!
Tomorrow I also am going on my first exchange, and I will be with my sister training leader, Sister Polidario, so I'm sure I will learn a lot from her!

I just wanted to share a spiritual thought I had regarding our dedication to the Lord:
 
There is no room for slothfulness in the Gospel. 
 We know that it is by small and simple things that great things come to pass. We all have weaknesses, but we can turn to the Lord and through faith, repentance,and diligent effort, He will make weak things strong. Enduring to the end isn't just passively waiting for good things to come and for bad things to leave, but rather it is being proactive in the Gospel, and looking for ways to do much more than just the essentials. While being true to the fundamentals of the Gospel is necessary for salvation, staying true to your covenants is necessary for exaltation.


I love you all! Thank you for your support and prayers, they definitely help! Miracles are just around the corner, I can feel it! 

Love,
Sister Lydiksen (:

No comments:

Post a Comment